Constitution of the student body
The student constitution at Jamestown 社区 College outlines the rights and responsibilities of JCC students, as well as the goal and practice of the 学生参议院 as governing body.
- Statement of the rights and responsibilities of college community members: You take an active role in your learning and academic success.
- Academic integrity: Providing an atmosphere that promotes honesty and the free exchange of ideas is the essence of academic integrity. Academic integrity includes the adherence to codes of ethical behavior associated with all areas of study.
- 学生的行为: The ideal learning environment is one in which mutual respect and responsibility guide the actions of all members. As a member of the college community, each student is responsible for their actions within the community.
- Civility statement: JCC is committed 到 highest standards of academic and ethical integrity, acknowledging that respect for self and others is the foundation of educational excellence. We have a right to be in a safe environment, free of disturbance and civil in all aspects of human relations.
Student complaint process
You can complete the Student Complaint Form in accordance with the complaint process in the student constitution.
You can also file complaints with our accreditors and state approval entities, and any other relevant state official or agency:
- MSCHE complaint process
- NYSED complaint process
- SUNY complaint process
- ACOTE complaint process
- ACEN complaint process
- NC-SARA (formerly SHEEO) agency list
Complaints related to distance education:
- Jamestown 社区 College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and follows the complaint resolution policies and procedures outlined within the SARA Policy Manual. Consumer protection complaints resulting from distance education courses, 活动, and operations may be submitted to Jamestown 社区 College for investigation and resolution. If a student is dissatisfied with the campus-based resolution, a concern may be submitted to System Administration of the State University of New York. 和, if still not satisfied, a complaint may be submitted, within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made, 到 New York State Education Department. 请注意, this does not include complaints related to grades or student conduct violations, both of which are to be fully addressed via campus processes, not through the NC-SARA complaint resolution procedures.