NYS Certificate of Residence

Cut your tuition

If you are a New York State resident, you can reduce your tuition by submitting a Certificate of Residence to Jamestown 社区 College.

For tuition purposes, New York residency means that you have lived in this state as a permanent resident for 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you have not lived in New York State for 12 consecutive months, contact the 业务 Office as soon as possible. New York State Education Law 6305 requires the college to have a current certificate of residence on record for your student account every academic year.

肖陶扩村 & Cattaraugus counties

If you are a resident of New York and have resided in 肖陶扩村 or Cattaraugus County for one year, no certificate of residence is required. View your bill to verify that it reflects the correct tuition rate.

If you have not lived in 肖陶扩村 or Cattaraugus County for one year:

  1. Complete the online Certificate of Residence form (CHAU & 土生. Ensure all fields marked with * are completed - they are required and the form cannot be submitted if these are not all filled in.
  2. Sign the form and submit it electronically.
  3. You will receive an email that requires your verification to complete the process. This must be verified or the COR will not be received. Once the verification process is complete, the electronic form will have been submitted.
  4. Once it has been reviewed, you will receive an email confirmation.
  5. When completing this form, if you selected another county, you will need to follow the county's instructions to obtain a certified affidavit of residence from that county treasurer’s office for the period you lived there.